Do you consider yourself a tech-savvy self-starter capable of working with little or no direction? Do you like to take on new challenges? Do you dream in PHP? Can’t you rest as long as your website is bug free? Are you able to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline driven environment?
Then we have the job for you!
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our team located in our Amsterdam head office. You will be comfortable taking briefs and directions from our team of Client Managers and showcase your strength and WordPress savvy when answering these requests with your development skills.
The successful candidate will be proud of their code capabilities and is capable of owning a project through all stages from concept to go-live. You will be comfortable with process and detail and agile enough to think on your feet or out of the box when needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company delivering digital solutions to small businesses in Europe and the UK. This position is based in our Amsterdam office. We offer endless opportunities to grow and learn with us and serve our ever expanding global client base.
- Advanced understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards and editing submissions from various teams as needed
- Perform continual maintenance checks to ensure optimal site performance, including links, database, and other key functions
- Use analytics and testing best practices to modify and optimise the site to continuously improve site conversion and lead generation
- Perform browser compatibility assessments and testing
- Provide quality control for any third-party content and plugins
- Ensures all tracking (Google Analytics, Marketo, etc.) is in place for tracking marketing campaigns
- Manage web project requests, including creating project plans, communicating plans to Cross Functional Teams, running project meetings, bringing together internal and external resources, testing and quality assurance for new pages/features, and managing to project milestones
- Work with Digital Marketing to gather web metrics and report on traffic trends
- Continuously find, follow, recommend, and implement WordPress best-practices that improve site performance, engagement, and conversion
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and company policies on web site usage, security, and standards
Skills & Requirements
- University degree or college diploma in marketing, business or computer programming
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Web development role
- Solid understanding of WordPress standards and responsive mobile development
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to develop good relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including documentation
- Solid business acumen, management, and marketing skills
- Understanding of the basic functions of DNS and CDNs
- Strong desire to advance your knowledge (reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and conferences)
- Living in Amsterdam or in close proximity (do not apply if you are not living in The Netherlands)
No agency applications are accepted.
Spotzer is an Equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic, international company that is growing rapidly, we look forward to your application letter and resume.
Please respond only if you are available to work in the Amsterdam area.